Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) Program support
The State Agency CTR Program provides at no charge to CTR participating state worksites the following services:
Guaranteed Ride Home
State employees are eligible for a free ride home in cases of emergency on any day the employee commuted to work other than by driving alone. Alternate commute modes include transit, vanpools, carpools, biking, or walking. Emergency Ride Home contracts are held by the CTR program at the Department of Transportation (WSDOT). Funding is allocated by the Legislature. These free rides home can be cab/Uber/Lyft depending on the contract and/or location. See county specific information below.
Thurston County: State Agency Free Emergency Ride (SAFE) Home Program
- SAFE Ride Policy and Instructions (PDF 24KB)
- SAFE Ride Verification Form (PDF 110KB)
- SAFE Ride Log (Excel 22KB)
King County – Home Free Guarantee
- Home Free Guarantee Policy and Instructions (PDF 73KB)
- Home Free Guarantee Qualifications (PDF 67KB)
- Home Free Guarantee Program Coordinator Check List (PDF 54KB)
Information coming soon!
Spokane County: Guaranteed Ride Home
Information coming soon!
King Co. ORCA Program
Note: The ORCA Program is not part of the state agency CTR Program.
Benefit eligible state employees with official duty stations in King, Pierce, or Snohomish counties are eligible for a fare-free ORCA pass. Please contact your employee transportation coordinator to request one.
This benefit allows cardholders unlimited, fare-free access to the following services:
- Bus services provided by Community Transit, Everett Transit, King County Metro, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit, and Sound Transit
- Sound Transit Link light rail and Sounder commuter rail
- Seattle Streetcar
- Seattle Monorail
- King County Water Taxi
- Kitsap Transit foot and fast ferries
A monthly $50 vanpool subsidy is also available to cardholders with the following vanpool providers:
- Community Transit
- King County Metro
- Kitsap Transit
- Pierce Transit
For more information, please send an email to WSDOTORCA@wsdot.wa.gov
STAR Pass Program
The STAR Pass sticker is not required to ride Intercity Transit, Grays Harbor Transit or Mason County transit as they are currently fare free.
The State Agency Rider Pass program is a contracted bus pass service which allows state employees to ride fare free on Mason, Grays Harbor Transit and Intercity Transit.
- STAR Pass FAQ (PDF 107KB)
- STAR Pass Employee Information (PDF 155KB)
- STAR Pass Administrator Instructions (PDF 102KB)
- STAR Pass Sticker Distribution (PDF 94KB)
Bike cages on campus
Lockable bicycle cages are located in parking facilities around the Capitol Campus. The cages are free to state employees who commute by bicycle. Each cage is equipped with bicycle racks and can be accessed by state employees who have registered and have received an assigned code. Your code will give you access to all cages on the capitol campus. To receive a unique access code, complete a Registration and Agreement with the Department of Enterprise Services.